How you can help
Swain County Caring Corner is an entirely volunteer-run organization. We need your help to continue serving our community. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-341-1998.
Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals
Swain County Caring Corner is one of only 12 out of the 69 free clinics in North Carolina to be deemed under the Federal Tort Claims Act by the Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Primary Care. As a result, SCCC can offer health care providers complete immunity from malpractice claims when they volunteer their services. Additionally, as a deemed clinic, we have comprehensive Credentialing, Peer Review, and Quality Assurance programs to ensure that we maintain the highest quality of patient care.
- Health Care Providers to treat our patients on Thursday nights
- Grant Writers to help us apply for grant funding
- Office Volunteers to help use with clerical tasks. All our office volunteers must follow HIPPA confidentiality guidelines
- Volunteers to serve as prayer partners during clinic nights
Volunteer Opportunities for Groups
- Churches or other groups to sign up to provide a meal for our 4-6 person volunteers on Thursday nights
- Groups to hold a fundraiser for SCCC
If you aren't able to volunteer, you can always make a tax-deductible donation to support our work. Please also keep SCCC in your prayers.